Saturday 22 August 2009

The mission

The mission should I choose to accept it (which I have) is to watch every film on the BFI's Top 100 list and review it accordingly. I'm not film student just a film lover so if you're expecting technical jargon about lighting and camera work you're going to be disappointed, I shall simply be commenting on my own view, feelings and opinion of the movie.

Some of the films I've already seen, some I've seen advertised and thought "not fussed about that one", some I've never heard of but nevertheless I'll find them and watch them and give my own humble thoughts upon them. You never know it may inspire you to dig out a classic too and enjoy something you never thought you would.

I am slightly disappointed by the lack of films from what I would consider to be the "real" top 100 so I'll be throwing a few of those in for good measure also.

Thanks for reading

8 comments:

  1. Great idea for a blog! Can't wait to read all your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I look forward to your blogging! Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds brilliant, I would love to do something like that too. Are you going to do them in order or just as you can get them?
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be doing them just as I can get my hands on them, I'm anticipating some being shown on tv and others I'll have to buy or rent as a lot are older films from the 40's and 50's which aren't shown on terrestrial television so much.

    Thanks for the positive comments, feel free to join me in my mission and to leave your own reviews after mine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah this really is an awesome idea! Good thinking Batman (ooh is Batman one of your fims?) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your looking for any of the older ones - if they are "well known" ones at least HMV is a great place - i've been able to get loads for £3, also amazon new/second is a great site to use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha no Batman on the list I'm afraid, two bloody James Bond though!! I think the "official" list might be a little off for my liking so although I shall adhere to it I'll be sticking in a few of my own favourites and other random films I've seen too to liven it up.

    Thanks for the amazon tip!

    x

    ReplyDelete